Spanish Olive Floor Plan by Timberbuilt
The Olive from Timberbuilt is their Swiss Army Knife of floor plans; this versatile design can be modified to work a bunch of different ways, including front entry, side entry, optional extra bedrooms, a small loft, or finished basement. Timber built builsd this hybrid timber frame to meet the needs of a broad range of clients in all kinds of settings.
The beauty of the Spanish Olive floor plan from Timberbuilt lies in its appropriate scale and efficient design. First, an ample entryway allows for maneuverability when taking off coats or unloading packages. The Olive's U-shaped staircase is co-located here, making way for unobstructed living space in the great room. At the hub of the home, a corner fireplace (which backs to an outdoor hearth for year-round entertaining) streamlines the home's firepower. An efficient L-shaped kitchen with island and open, casual dining make good use of the right side of the house, while the private master suite occupies the left. The lower level's game room, snack bar and spare bedrooms give guests or teenage residents a place to call their own.
The Olive can function as a single bedroom retirement home with no basement and a small upstairs loft. Add a finished basement and it becomes a vacation home with room for guests. Add a bedroom or two on the second floor and the home works wonders as a two or three bedroom primary residence.
- Formalized entry
- Shed roof over entry
- Open, integrated flow between kitchen, dining, and great room
- Chimney between the great room and the master suite with options for a two-sided fireplace
- Long axis on view side with dining room, kitchen, master bedroom, and great room views
- May be more suited for clients who regularly socialize at or around the dining room table
- Kitchen/dining room cathedral ceiling features a ridge and rafter system