Owners Brian and Dawn Kempisty, who have savored their timber home for close to a decade, enlisted Timberbuilt to help them concoct the perfect kitchen. Starting with a base of natural materials, they added a splash of man-made finishes for an irresistble twist on a traditional timber home.
Why We Love It:
- Pickled white-pine posts, beams and braces frame the L-shaped kitchen with its opposing island.
- Synthetic Eldorado stone (that’s indistinguishable from the real thing) encases the island and the cooktop surround.
- High-end cabinetry with an ebony finish is a glamorous contrast to the subtle tones of the timber frame.
- Polished concrete countertopsprovide an industrial touch to the otherwise traditional space.
- The oak floors that run throughout the home were reclaimed from a 100-year-old tobacco barn.