Home by Hearthstone Inc.
1. The vent hood, the centerpiece of the kitchen, is encased in stone with a dry-stacked finish — a rustic choice given a hint of refinement by its white trim and corbels. Matching stone “pillars” on each end of the counter give the illusion that they support the modified hammerbeam truss.
2. Walnut was chosen for the island, which was built by a custom-cabinetry maker. The sophisticated material turns the utilitarian feature into fine furniture. It’s topped by a slab of live-edge granite.
3. White cabinetry instantly brightens the room, but the back-lit windowpane uppers accentuate collectibles while also drawing the eye to the impressive Douglas fir timber frame.
4. A pinch of cinnamon-toned paint lends an earthy warmth to the backsplash.
5. The light fixtures are simple and discreet, so they don’t compete with the more prominent features in the space.