*All products featured are selected by our editors. When you make a purchase through a qualifying link, we may earn a commission via affiliate programs with Amazon.com and other retailers.
Written By: Katherine Owen
Photo: Roger Wade
Styling: Debra Grahl
Restorer: DiGuiseppe Architecture & Interior Design
This snug space started out as a 1970s-era horse barn before New York architect and interior designer Anthony DiGuiseppe
transformed it into a timbered home
. The rustic fireplace anchors the sitting area and creates an irresistibly inviting nook to settle in with a book. A neutral color palette and artfully arranged objet d’art come together to create a relaxing space that’s heavy on personality and patina without overwhelming the senses. Here’s how to get a look that’s collected–not cluttered–for your own space.
1. Mary H. Case, Head Study IV in size 30" x 24", $190, onekingslane.com
2. Stoneware Ceramic Jug, $85, onekingslane.com
3. Lucia Wicker Basket from Bay Isle Home, $44, wayfair.com
4. Faux Sheepskin Area Rug 2' x 3', $40, worldmarket.com
5. Niemi Wall Clock from August Grove in white, $60, wayfair.com
6. Kilim Maymana Rug, $189, rugs.com
7. Alanna Ceramic Decorative Accent Bird, $24, overstock.com
8. Leather Butterfly Chairs from Union Rustic in brown, $146, overstock.com
Want to see more of this cozy home? Check out the full home tour here!